Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 07:17:30 -0400

Hi All, We recently had a bad experience with Red Robin in Enfield CT, frying onion straws in the french fry vats.  I e-mailed the company and  surprisingly received a phone call from a Vice President, who is in charge of Mass and CT stores.  He told me that of the four fryers, the third and fourth are dedicated for french fries.  If the store is extremely busy, they may use the third fryer for onion straws but that the fourth fryer is always to be for french fries only.  Further, he said that if that was a problem, the store should put a pot of oil on the stove and cook fries in clean oil.  It might take a little longer but we should be accommodated. He apologized many times for the problem we had and gave me his cel phone number. He said we should not be told no in the restaurant and that if we were we should call him on his cel!  So that's the story for Mass and CT.  It should be the same in other parts of the country.  This VP realizes that if the person with celiac can't be accommodated, the store doesn't lose the sale of just one meal but the sale of several meals and they are trying to keep our business.  My e-mail regarding celiac will be the top of the next managers' meeting in the Enfield Ct store. We will give them a try again.  Regards, Clare MA

*******
*******