From:
Adam Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 21:07:08 -0400

I just wanted to make quick posting about PF Changs.
(http://www.pfchangs.com)

Like outback and some other places they have a gluten free menu
(http://www.pfchangs.com/cuisine/menu_spec.jsp)

What impressed me was that I met with knew exactly what GF meant.  Most
times I've gone to Outback everyone is confused and hunts around for the
menu... and I don't have a tremendous amount of faith that people will do
what they are supposed to do.

When they bring out the food they say "and GF [this]".

When you get your receipt is shows GF [item] on it... its not just a regular
food item that the chef made "correctly".

The last time they even made a special sauce for my GF lettuce wraps.  Was
wonderfully delicious.

I don't have an easy time associating gluten with physical symptoms so I
can't speak on if the meal was actually GF... but everyone certainly
understood what they needed to do.  One of these days I will just need to
eat a couple pieces of pizza so I can know for sure what happens when I eat
gluten.

Anyways... for me the amount of work it would normally take at a restaurant
to explain GF to everyone and get the meal is vastly more effort then the
enjoyment I get out of it.  However a place like PF Changes where everyone
knows and understands can bring that easy, relaxing and delicious restaurant
meal back into my life.

They are a big chain so I imagine many people can get to one.  We should
definitely encourage places to handle GF in this way (educating their
workforce, separate clearly defined and marked items (I loved seeing GF on
my receipt!).  So go eat at PF Changs.

I guess in the spirit of most other emails I should mention my affiliation
with the company.

I am owner of PF Changs and a multi-millionaire... I wish.  :)

If anyone has had problems there I guess you should make a post now.
Otherwise... go out to eat at this wonderful restaurant!

:)