From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:28:35 -0500

Happy New Year, everyone!

Because of unexpected pre-holiday work pressures (i.e., my boss's jitters)
and then the holidays, I wasn't able to keep up with my email following my
post about Chili's and my discovery that their nachos are not gluten free,
but are made with wheat.

6 people responded (my apologies to anybody I haven't read yet). One
thought it was a bummer not to be able to trust even nachos, one thanked
me for the tip, and one had recently been sick after eating their
margarita chicken (without the marinade) over rice and beans.

Only one had anything good to say about Chili's, and she had a good
experience with their enchilada soup, and was able to get the recipe from
the internet. It has masa harina in it, but not wheat flour. (Note: I
haven't been able to get this or any of their recipes. Yet.)

Two responders had bad news:
One reported that the nacho sauce was made with wheat. After she had a
reaction to it, the manager told her this.

One reported that she ". . . contacted Chili's a few months ago via their
website.  They recommended I not eat there as they
didn't think there was anything gf on their menu."

It looks as if Chili's is not a safe bet for gf dining. If I succeed in
getting any further information, I'll post another summary.

Good eating and good health in 2000!

Bobbi in Baltimore