Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 23:09:16 EST

Hello,

I'm happy to report I received many very helpful responses to my request  for
doctors in the Seattle area.  Here is a summary.  I have cut and  pasted from
the replies:

Dr. Stephen Wangen  1229 Madison Street, Suite 1220, Seattle, WA 98104  |
(206) 264-1111 or (888) 546-6283
_http://www.ibstreatmentcenter.com/6_a.htm_ (http://www.ibstreatmentcenter.com/6_a.htm)
***
The Gluten Intolerance Group of North America is headquartered  in the
Seattle area. They may give you some referrals. Their web site is _www.gluten.net_
(http://www.gluten.net/) , their email address is [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask]) , telephone number is  253-833-6655. You may look at their
Branches / Partners listing on the web site  and find some of the local groups that
may give you additional  information.

***

From GIG:

Dr. Jonathan Wright, M.D. (a holistic M.D.)
Dr. Paris Preston,  N.D.
GI's at Swedish
Dr. Michael Schuffler,  M.D.
Dr. Patrick Donovan, N.D.
Dr. Stephen Wangen N.D.
Dr. Craig Pepin  at the Poly Clinic
***
In the Burien area, Dr.  Peter Hartwell, Dr. Richard Stein, Dr. Harry
Teicher, are all in the same office  are very knowledgeable on celiac disease.
206-431-9771;  Downtown Seattle – Miner and James –  telephone 206-386-9500 are:
Dr. Michael Greene, Dr. Richard Driscoll, Dr. Gary  Enxmann and I am sure there
are more;  Pac-Med Building –  telephone 206-505-1350 – Dr. Michael Schuffler
and probably more; Dr. Lanie Belic  (female) is associated with several
clinics and visits them on a regular  basis.  Auburn – 253-939-9400, Federal Way –
253-838-9839,  Kent – 253-639-9660, Tacoma  St Joseph Medical Pavillion –
253-572-4472 (there are several doctors listed for  the Tacoma  location).
Nancy, GIG  Volunteer
***

I used to see Dr. Hartwell in Burien.  When I was still  very ill &  losing
weight even after being on the Gf diet for 8 or 10  months, he was dumbfounded
as to how to help me other than a tube  feeding.  Dr. Hartwell was kind &
humble enough to refer me  to an excellent naturopath, Patrick Donovan ND, who
straightened me out with  appropriate diet & supplements.

***
I saw Dr Michael Schuffler (Pac Med) last week and thought he  was very
educated about celiac. I do not have celiac (my daughter and father do)  and was
talking to him about the possible need to have biopsy for myself. (I  have not
had a biopsy so I can't help you with that information). He is a  medical
advisor to GIG. Additionally his staff was very helpful. Madison (I saw him at this
office) 206-505-1101.

For those who want even more information, GIG sent an Excel  attachment.
Please let me know if you would like to have it.  Thanks  again.

Rose

http://www.aol.com.

*******
*******