From:
"J. Rackley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 15:50:05 -0800

This recipe was modified from a recipe submitted by
[log in to unmask]  in July.  She/he used Frontier Naturals
Lemon Extract which was alcohol free, but any type of gf
extracts will work.

This recipe can be egg-free with egg replacer, and corn-free
if you use potato starch (I think the egg replacer does have corn
in it.

I didn't try this but I replaced half the oil in the original recipe
with applesauce.  You could probably replace more or all
of it with applesauce, if you desire a lower fat recipe.  If you
do, make sure the pan is greased or use cooking spray so
the cookies don't stick.

GF  Lemon Sugar Cookies

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, combine:

3/4 cup amaranth flour
1/4 cup potato starch or corn starch
1/4 cup soy flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2  tsp cream of tartar
1/2  tsp baking soda (not powder)
1/4  tsp salt

In a smaller bowl, beat

1 egg or equivalent egg replacer
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil (or margarine, if tolerated)
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp gf vanilla extract
1 tsp gf lemon extract

Combine the wet mixture and the dry mixture.  Add a small amount of water if
necessary - the consistency should be that of a wet cookie dough, but not so
sticky that it can't be handled.

Using a cookie scoop drop 1" balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Then flatten the balls by whacking gently with a spatula.  They will spread
somewhat as they are cooking.

Sprinkle with sugar, press again gently with the spatula to embed the sugar,
than bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.  Makes about 50
cookies - these keep well in an airtight container.