From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:13:37 -0500

Hi Everyone -

This past week, I've been feeling extremely tired, lots of bloating,
asthma a bit worse so that I've had to use my inhaler more often. This
morning, I woke up scratching the back of my left thigh. When I looked
at it in the mirror, I had a large red patch of blisters approx the
diameter of a quarter or a little larger. The itching is making me
crazy! This is what I've had in the past, only on my shoulder or trunk.
My PCP and I have assumed these were herpes outbreaks. Only since the
suspicion of CD came up have we thought the outbreaks might be DH.

My question is, do those of you who have DH also get upset stomach,
bloating, extremely tired, or other symtoms? I see my gastro tomorrow
a.m. and will have him look at the lesion - just hoping some of you
might be able to give me a bit more insight into all of the symtoms DH
exhibits - only a skin lesion? Prior to the outbreak on my thigh, I've
had small, extremely itchy bumps under my arms, which I shrugged off as
heat-related (very hot here right now).

Any information would be, as always, very much appreciated. This has
been a puzzle to my doctors and me for many years!

Thanks...Ayn.