Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:43:49 EDT

Hi all,

Thank-you for your responses.  There was a general agreement that I should be
concerned about the tissue transglutaminase antibodies being 34 when normal
is below 20.  Most suggested that I discontinue the oatmeal.  I was also
directed to Delphi forum where someone had asked a similar question that was
answered by Dr. Fasano.  He said that is was possible for the level to be slightly
elevated even with diet compliance or that it could be elevated temporarily
after gluten was ingested accidentally.  He suggested that this person be retested
in 3 months, which is what I think I will do.  I have also quit the oatmeal
and have gone back to being more careful at restaurants.  I think that I
definately made some mistakes.

Chris from Kalamazoo