From:
jody hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:08:03 -0700

Mochi is one of my favourite breakfast foods!  I like to cut
it into 1 inch squares and bake it.  I then drizzle GF rice
syrup, maple syrup, or honey, over them and eat like
mini muffins or pop-overs.

I have also grilled and split it (so that it resembles
two slices of bread: kind of tricky!) and then stuffed
with a variety of sandwich fillings.

Mochi can also be steamed.  I put it on top of veggies (small
cubes of it) in a steamer basket (this is a macrobiotic style recipe).
The mochi melts, almost like cheese, or a chewy biscuit crust.
Use GF soy suace (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos), or Gomasio
and you have a quick, one pot, super healthy supper.

mochi comes in plain,cinnamon,pizza flavors that are GF.
High in carbs
buy from oreintal market or health food store and some markets

mochi is good for a pie crust,pastry and desserts
drizzle maple syrup over after baked in oven
mochi is like a popover
mochi is sweet rice
mochi is excellent in a waffle iron to make pizza crust
I hope this helps and thank you for all who wrote in..

Hugs and happy eating...
jody
icq#22357402