From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:57:50 -0700

Listmates, many are still confused about my diet as it relates to my
cholesterol dropping so dramatically.  To be perfectly honest, I'm a
little confused about it too!  LOL!  I didn't intentionally change my
diet to lower my cholesterol.  Over a matter of time I gradually
eliminated all the foods that were making my stomach sick -- wheat, rye,
barley, oats, pork, all milk products, beef, EGGS.  I replaced them with
rice, corn, potatoes, chicken, turkey, fish, tofu, soy milk, & added soy
lecithin.  The lowered cholesterol was an unexpected bonus.  I don't at
this point even know if the drop is permanent or temporary as cholesterol
levels can be effected by malabsorption.  I don't want to sound negative,
but controlling blood levels of cholesterol is a very complex problem & I
don't claim to have the answers.   All I can say is that my diet has
changed dramatically and so have my cholesterol levels.  ~Valerie in
Tacoma, WA