From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:02:48 -0500

In the USA, the FDA is proposing to limit interstate shipment of
compounded prescription medications, I learned on another list. I was
afraid/hoped that this report was a hoax, but it seems to be real. I
turned up these two websites on the issue (FDA - Docket No.
98N-1265):

http://www.fda.gov/cder/pharmcomp/default.htm

http://www.gpo.ucop.edu/catalog/register/thu/fr21ja99.97.txt

My first thought was how this might affect those of us who need to
get especially compounded gf prescriptions from places like Stokes
Pharmacy in New Jersey. According to the people who reported this FDA
proposal, the public has until March 22, 1999 to comment.

Mail comments to:

Dockets Management Branch (HFA-305)
Docket No. 98N-1265
Food and Drug Administration
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD 02857

I'll be happy to forward the 2 reports on the matter to those who are
interested. If anybody knows more about this, please comment.

Good luck and good health!
Bobbi in Baltimore MD USA