From:
Dianne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:35:49 EDT

Hi Listmates,
Thanks so much for your replies I appreciated all those who took the time to
tell me about their experiences, to reassure and to advise.

Some said barium was g.f. and others said it was not. The bottom line in most
replies was, "Call the hospital, find out the name of the manufacturer and
the lot number.  Call the company to verify that it is g.f. before your
appointment. Don't take the hospital's word for it."
       A few people said that "Stokes Pharmacy is the only one that supplies
a g.f. barium in the U.S.
       A technician wrote that the labs can provide a product called
Gastrograffin or Gastroview if the barium they use is not g.f.  This other
product would be safe.
       I had my test today with no ill effects.  So thanks very much for your
help. Having your support was great!
Dianne