From:
Teresa Van Nuland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teresa Van Nuland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:03:33 -0600

Hello.

I've read recently that total cholesterol has been used (historically) by some physicians as an indirect indicator of possible CD. In exact terms, normal to high cholesterol levels can most certainly rule out CD for an individual. This relates to the malnutrition that results due lack of timely diagnosis (presumably, you won't have high cholesterol if your body can't absorb all those cheeseburgers!).

My question: How many of you with CD have been diagnosed with HIGH cholesterol BEFORE going GF?

Thank you.
Teresa