From:
Lisa Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:50:19 EST

Hello. I am planning to deduct food for the first time in 08.  I spoke  with
our accountant and he is not familiar with it.  I know that you need a  Dr's
prescription for the gluten free diet, and you can deduct the difference in
the cost of the gluten free food vs. "normal" food.  Is there a list  somewhere
of the prices of the "normal" food that we compare it to?  If  not, can you
use sale prices, ie: spaghetti is always on sale for .99 for 2  pounds, and gf
is never on sale-this is the same with bread. Do you need to  save grocery ads
to prove the prices??

Is there a special form to fill out, or does he just lump it into  medical?

What about food allergies-can you do the same for buying soy milk vs.
regular if you have a dairy allergy?  (I know that I have to have Dr.  documentation)

Our children's Dr. told us to go organic-is that price difference
deductible?  What about supplements that the Dr. prescribed, but can be  purchased over
the counter?

Has anyone ever been audited after doing this, and if so what  happened?

Anyone know of any websites that address these questions in detail?

Thanks so much in advance!!
Lisa

48)