From:
John & Donna McPartlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:30:36 -0400

Well, I called 800 232-8888 re: Dole Fruit Bowls. Just to check on the
basic ingredients, we all know they aren't always as they appear.  The
ingredients are: peaches, water, sugar, citric acid and ascorbic acid to
protect color.

I fully expected the Rep. to assure me they were GF. She told me that
they have just been made aware by the Celiac group that Citric Acid can
be made many ways, including with wheat. Therefor, they cannot guarantee
that any of their fruit, containing citric acid are GF.

Needless to say, I was very upset.  I use Dole fruit for my kids all the
time, and check periodically on their gluten content and now I'm
distressed.

Can't anything be simple anymore?  What's a mom to do?  Citric Acid is
in EVERYTHING it seems.  I did call another 800 about the Dole Raspberry
Kiwi juice in the fridge, which also lists citric acid as an ingredient
and they still say that's GF. Go figure.

donna