From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 16:49:47 -0400

I did a recent survey on bulk laxatives.  One poster said that they got the
information from Stokes Pharmacy that Fibercon is GF.  According to a phone
call that my mother made for me today, the rep. stated that they get their
ingredients from different sources and they don't guarentee the product to
be gluten free. They said to call back in a while and ask again, as they
are trying to get this remedied.  The manufacturer is Lederle and their
number is1-800-282-8805.  Also, Citrucel contains a trace amount of gluten
and I called about Mettamucil and they assured me that all of their
products, except the wafers, are gluten and lactose free.  I don't have the
numbers for these other two products with me.  Karen from Central NY, USA