Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:59:57 -0500

Many people have emailed me and requested the name of the book mentioned in the summary I posted earlier today.
It is Celiac Resource Guide - Helping to Navigate Life's Detour by Julianne Karow.
www.CeliacResourceGuide.webs.com

I was overjoyed with the amount of POSITIVE responses from the listmates to the new book I purchased and thought I would send a summary of some of the responses.  Thank you to all who wrote with their personal stories and feedback.  I think this book and sample combo is going to be a huge hit.

This book was a breath of fresh air.  It is an easy read and is a book I utilized it on a weekly basis.  I have NEVER purchased a book that came with gluten free samples and thought it was a genius idea.  Having heard of some of the brand items the author sent me; it was nice to receive some new things as well.  I always hate to buy a product only to find out it does not taste good.  This gave me the opportunity to try a product first.  Thank you, Nancy for posting your message as I have wanted to several times but have not.
Claudia

I had the great pleasure to meet this author at a celiac conference in Iowa.  I was intrigued to know that while foregoing the big publishing companies, she wrote this book on her own, had it printed herself and is selling it herself.  She humbled me when she said that this way she could personally ship the book to her readers with coupons and free samples for them to enjoy.  I have not seen any author ever show that dedication to her readers before.  My hope is that we as a gluten free community should support her efforts and purchase more of her books, so she can continue to do this for everyone.

Thank you for your recent posting.  I have purchased the book for my college age son who was diagnosed a couple of years ago.  Hopefully he will find that life does not stop with the diagnosis.  It is a blessing that he is feeling better since being gluten free and the book will aid in his continued success with this new diet.
Joseph, Sr.

I purchased Mrs. Karow’s book when I saw her as a guest speaker in Florida.  She was able to answer many questions during the presentation and it was nice to hear a response from someone living the lifestyle.
A Florida Celiac

What a delightful book.  Having been gf for 20+ years, I was amazed at some of the information that I was unaware of.  I agree that the gf food samples were an added bonus.  In the back of the book there are some companies listed that if you mention the book you receive free shipping or product discounts.  I have used that several times and found that it LONG paid for the book and then some.
Thank you for your posting!

I always enjoy purchasing a book that is donating proceeds to the cause.  This book donates $$$ from the sale of each book to Celiac Research.  I feel like I am helping in a small way.
Happy Holidays!
Betty

I met the author in October as she also organizes the yearly Wisconsin Celiac Expo.  She is an amazing woman to speak with who has full knowledge of the gf way of life.  I have recommended that my support group leader invite her to give a presentation with our group and can only hope I see her on our agenda for 2010.
Irene from Minnesota (go Vikings)

The information about travel in this book were particularly helpful to me.  I also loved the free samples, coupons and discounts.  It is a well organized, helpful guide to anyone who purchases it.
Sue from Ohio

What a pleasure it is to read a guide written by someone who truly understands what it is like to find out a loved one has celiac disease!  Her down-to-earth ideas, helpful websites and ideas of places to purchase food items have been so helpful.  This book is a “must have” for everyone who is gluten free.
Kathleen and John
San Diego, California