From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:35:41 -0500

Since being GF forces me to cook at home more than I would like.  (I'm
also dairy-free.)  I'm always looking for easy and quick ways to have
tasty and healthy meals at home.  Especially with foods I can pull out
of the freezer and cupboard at the last minute.  This sauce is becoming
a crutch in our house!  :)

GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon water
3 tablespoons Tamari
2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Light Plum Spring Roll Sauce (or any GF plum
sauce)
3/4 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
Combine mustard and water in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir
in soy sauce, plum sauce and ginger; set aside.

We use this with either grilled/broiled shrimp or lobster tails.  We
prepare a spiced oil mixture (1 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil, 1/4
teaspoon black pepper).  For shrimp we put oil mixture and shrimp in a
bag and shake.  For lobster tails, we spoon on the oil mixture.  Then we
grill/broil as you normally would.  The sauce is a wonderful complement
to the taste and texture of both shrimp and lobster.

I also use this sauce when we get Chinese take-out.  I get plain steamed
shrimp and broccoli and use the sauce to make the meal more palatable.