From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:32:51 -0500

I just received a useful, though unsolicited booklet, called The Passover Guide to Cosmetics and Medications. It's from a religious Jewish organization/house of worship in Los Angeles. And although I received it because they were looking for a donation and not because they know I have celiac, it really is very useful to celiacs. So...I'm sharing, in case any of you want to pursue it. I'm not promoting the group, but if you ask for a copy, the right thing to do is pay them accordingly. It's their fund-raiser, as well as a service.

It is published by Kollel Bais Avrohom, 223 Formosa Ave in Los Angeles...didn't give zip code.
Another address was, Bais Medrash Kollel Bais Avrohom, 7216 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036.
Their phone number is 323-933-7193. Please do not call them on Friday night or Saturday, the Jewish sabbath.

Since wheat (as well as oats, barley and rye) are not kosher for Passover (except in matzah form and related products...which you wont' find in medicines and make-up), the guide lists many cosmetics and medications and how to contact companies, and whether or not they are kosher for Passover....translation...have not wheat (and by understanding, oats, barley or rye).

The purpose of the booklet is to help observant Jews adhere to the holiday dietary restrictions...religious laws, but regardless, it helps identify what has wheat and what doesn't. And an orthodox Jewish organization like this is going to be strict about its research.

Lin