From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2006 07:24:26 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Just a couple of quick things…

Yesterday I went to the Drug store to buy the issue of "First" (for the
article on celiac).  I haven't read it yet, though.  Anyway, two people
ahead of me in the checkout line, was a woman who literally looked like a
toothpick and she was buying tons of toilet paper.  I started thinking how
do you or should we reach out to a total stranger and say they look
celiac.  I'm just curious if any of you have encountered something similar
and how did you handle it?

Also, in yesterday's mail I received my registration car renewal form.
This morning I started the usual renewal process online and saw
the "personalize plate" selection... and you know what I thought, right?
With the Drug store incident gnawing at my subconscious, I thought why not
get a plate that increases awareness.  So, I purchased the
plate "CELIAC?".  It's a win-win, funds go to improve the highways, visitor
centers, etc. and every car behind me will wonder what is celiac?  If
enough of us started advertising via our plates, we may help in some small
way increase awareness too (and only for the cost of $30).  Here are some
other options (limited to 8 characters):

CELIAC?
UCELIAC?
U=CELIAC
U-CELIAC