From:
Mary Mikel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Mikel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:04:14 -0800

Hi all,
  Here is a gf corn bread recipe that I really like.  It orginally was a Better Homes & Gardens recipe - that I have altered to make it acceptable for us.  It is so good that my whole family like eating it also.

  Mix together in bowl:

  1 cup gf flour (your choice)
  1/4 cup sugar
  4 teaspoons gf baking powder
  3/4 teaspoon salt
  1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
  1 1/4 cups cornmeal

  4 eggs
  1 cup milk
  1/4 cup shortening (I use butter or oleo and melt it in the pan in the oven while it is heating. Then I pour it into the eggs and milk mixture before pouring the liquids into the dry ingredients.)

  Mix the liquids mixture into the dry ingredients just until smooth. (Do not overmix.) Put into a greased  9x9 pan (If you melt the butter or oleo in the pan, you don't have to grease the pan.) and bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 mins.

  Because of the 4 eggs, I store left overs in the refrigerator.