From:
Mary Vaverka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:13:59 -0400

Just to up-date everyone.  Our trip to Germany was delightful.  All my
meals on Northwest Airlines were GF.  The flight out of Frankfurt the
meal was excellent.  Dinner was grilled chicken, rice, fruit and salad
with GF dressing and GF bread and snack was a GF bread with turkey
breast (unbelievable).  Germany is wonderful.  It truly is a "Celiac's
Delight".  I took my little card that translated my diet restrictions
into German.  We went to a restaurant in Ronneburg by a castle we
toured.  I handed the waitress my little card "card was about the size
of a business card" and I could not believe it but the owner/chef came
out and sat down with me.  He spoke broken english.  He planned out 4
meals I could choose from that were not on the menu that he would make
up for me that were GF.   My daughter was able to help with some of the
translation.  This meal was out of this world.  Every place we went to
I  received salads with GF dressing and delicious meals.  Their sausages
"oh how I am craving them now".  We were there for 9 days and I did not
have one symptom.  I can't wait to go back.  I am so happy my daughter's
family is staying another 4 years.  I know now why they like it so
well.  The health food stores have a large selection of delicious
cookies and crackers.  I am having my daughter mail me a care package
once a month.  She is within walking distance from one.  If anyone would
like to talk to me about my experience, I would be happy to.

Very Satisfied Celiac
Mary in Michigan