From:
Deanna M Polakowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 18:43:23 EST

Paul.L.Groschen writes:
> I made Marci's soft white bread I wasn't expecting
>much.  Well, it tastes great and the family will even eat it. The only
>problem is the bread  is very gummy and very moist. I cooked the bread
>an extra 20 minutes to try to dry it out.  The only substitution I
>made was dry milk instead of darifree.  Did I not cook it long enough?
>Too much xanthan gum? What causes gummy bread?

I am also a novice in the baking bread department.  I made Marci's soft
white bread also with the dry milk.  It worked out excellent for the
pizza crust, but the dinner rolls were hockey pucks!  The dough didn't
raise much at all.  My yeast proofed real well.  I have noticed that any
breads made with rice flour don't raise well.  Any help out there from
experienced gf bread bakers?

Deanna
Chicago