From:
Fran Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 09:03:16 +0000

I'm in the "better safe than sorry" camp on airline foods-- for the
following reasons;

* There may not be any other food alternatives available
* I don't want to risk getting sick (read: need urgent bathroom access)
while on the plane.
* Even people who are on the diet run into ingredients that are
questionable. I was served glucose light meals- with pita bread & salad
dressing with mono & diglycerides, as well as a bagel and other
inappropriate items on both American & United Airlines.
* If your plane is rerouted, grounded or somehow changed, you are
covered.

It IS a complex diet & the endless list of hidden gluten makes it very
hard to fully comply.

Another plus is if you have a child that needs GF, they can eat whenever
they are ready, rather than wait to be served questionable food that
they may not like.

Fran
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]

We should all be concerned about the future because
we will have to spend the rest of our lives there.---C. Kettering