From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:33:01 EST

GIG KID'S CAMP 2001

November 1, 2000

The Gluten Intolerance Group is excited to be attending camp with the
American Diabetes Association again this year!  We serve children with CD/DH
and those with diabetes at Camp Sealth.  Camp Sealth is a CampFire Camp on
Vashon Island in the Puget Sound.  It is fully accredited with the American
Camping Association and offers camping experiences to many children with
health and physical challenges.  Nurses and doctors attend camp during the
sessions we are there.

GIG's Dietitian oversees all meal preparation at camp for children with
gluten intolerance.  We carefully monitor the children's diet and provide
support and education about Celiac Disease and Dermatitis Herpetiformis. Plus
the children get a wonderful, normal camping experience.  Campfires with
s'mores, picnic lunches and great enviable meals are all part of GIG Kid's
Camp. Twinkies are such an important part of the boat trip to camp, so we
have gluten free 'Twinkies' waiting when our children reach the dock!

Like last year's camp, GIG Kid's Camp 2001 will have 2 sessions. Session 3
will be July 5th - 11th and Session 4 July 12th - 15th.  You can choose one
or both.  Children in grades 2-12 are accepted and last year the teenagers
had as much fun as the younger children did!

It's really not to early to be thinking about summer camp!  GIG Kid's Camp
Committee is gearing up for registration already.  Our slots fill up fast.
Look for the registration information in your mail soon or call the GIG
office to have one sent to you.

See you at camp!
Judy LeBard and Ruth Ross
Camp Co-chairs
206-246-6652

Cynthia Kupper, CRD
Executive Director
www.gluten.net

GIG Annual Education Conference:
June 3 & 4, 2001 University of Puget Sound (UPS), Tacoma WA

GIG Kid's Camp: July 5-11 and 12-15, 2001, Vashon WA

Contact us for more information on these events and others. Volunteer.

Nancy
Seattle, WA
USA