From:
Gina Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:10:52 -0700

Hi Everyone,

would like to comment from my own personal experience with the Amazon
Products by Nature's Path Foods Inc.  Each and every time in which I
have contacted this company, and their toll free telephone number is
always listed on their products, I have received excellent customer
service.  The company is extremely aware of Celiac Disease and the
necessity for their products to be gluten-free if so stated.  I have to
commend them for not only operating with the intention that part of the
proceeds  are being donated to various organizations for the purpose of
helping endangered animals, and other parts of the proceeds to
children's charities, but also to the research and education of
individuals with special dietary needs.

   In my opinion it would not be in the best interest of ANY company to
claim to deliver 100% gluten free anything because of the human error
element as well as freak cross contamination. In my own Kitchen there
are chances of mistakes due to the same reasons.  But in the defense of
Nature's Path Foods Inc. I will say that there has been no other company
in which I have delt with that went so out of their way to make sure
their products are correctly labeled, the highest quality with all
natural ingredients, and extensive research into the requirements of
restricted diets.

   I have eaten the Amazon, Frosted Flakes and just love them.  I also
fell in love with all of their chocolate candy bars which are considered
to be gluten-free.  The chocolate bars each feature a different
endangered animal to go along with the flavor.  I was told by Nature's
Path Foods Inc., that the only two bars which are not gluten-free are
the: Manatee(Milk Chocolate and Rice Crisps), and the Tiger(I can't
remember the flavor of this one).

   It is sad when we hear of an unfortunate experience such as this and
it is also sad to see some one get hurt.  I truly do not believe that
this will be a common occurrence from this company and I will certainly
continue to enjoy their products.  I'm thankful to have such a resource
available to me as Nature's Path Foods Inc.

  I have no personal interest in this company other than for my own
personal use of their products.

Sincerely,
Gina