From:
Jeryl Cordell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:29:33 -0800

Some time ago there was an exchange regarding anti-acid, proton inhibtors
like prevacid and prilosec (and also propulsid) causing stomach spasming
and the concensus was that all these caused this.  The other anti-acids
like Zantac, Pepcid and the like aren't proton inhibitors per se but
operate a little differently to achieve the same aim.  I had to go off the
prilosec and prevacid due to the spasming.  Lately I'm experiencing bad
spasming on my Zantac.

Has anybody else experienced this too?   Do these also universally cause
spasming eventually?