From:
Katie Botkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:43:15 EST

Hi, I'm going to this military ball in a month with my friend in the army.
It says on the invatation that there will be a Buffet dinner.  Normally I
avoid buffet meats because they are either breaded or have sauce.  I don't
know what they'll be serving.  I guess what I want to know is what you all
would do in this situation.  I'm planning on eating something first so I'm
not starving by the end of the night if I can't find anything.  There really
isn't a way I can get ahold of whoever is making it....it's a huge event so I
doubt they'd do anything special for me.  I'm also not sure if I'll be able
to ask questions to a cook.  I might just not eat a main course but then I
have to deal with people I don't know asking why I'm not eating and I don't
want to get into the whole story with people I've just met.  I haven't been
to a formal event like this with a dinner since I've been diagnosed.  I don't
want to take any risks because I react fast and don't want to be sick the
rest of the night...I also don't think it will be possible for me to bring
some food...without really standing out anyhow.  Let me know what you would
do in this situation,
Thanks a lot,
Kate