From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:02:08 EST

On   Sun, 20 Oct 1996 22:55:06 -0400, Jim Lyles <[log in to unmask]> said on the
Subject: Re: Villi Damage:

Continual damage, even if only minor, to the same area of the body increases
the risk of lymphoma.

This is what scares me.  I have had occassional accidential ingestion of
glutens from cross-contimination, restaurant risks, and such.    I've worried
much on potential implications on my celiac condition from such accidents.
What are the risk factors (i.e. percentages) of lymphoma and other such
ailments connected to celiac?   Do we have to allow such fear to limit our
enjoyment of dining out.  To avoid packaged foods that are purportedly gf?
(I've reacted seriously to two potential instances of cross-contimination of a
gf product before realizing it is the culprit).  I'm not about to live an
existence as a recluse!

Mildred Oberkotter, NYC