Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 15:58:49 EDT

Thanks everyone, there were many responses! I see I am not alone in   this
matter

HAVE YOUR MERCURY LEVELS CHECKED RIGHT  AWAY  MY WIFE IS A HARDLINE
CELIAC...SAME EXACT SYMPTOMS...WHEN  SHE HAD HER  MERCURY LEVELS
EXAMINED...THEY  WERE OFF
THE  MAP...AFTER A DETOX OF  MERCURY...SHE IS LIKE NEW!  UN   REAL.

you are describing  symptoms of a B12 deficiency.   (You should  though
have  tests to rule out anything more  serious).

Celiacs  are notorious for  being deficient in  B12.

I highly recommend this  book:
Could It  Be B12?: An  Epidemic of Misdiagnoses by Sally M.  Pacholok
and  Jeffrey  J. Stuart

it saved my bacon.  I  finally got rid of the   neuropathies in my feet
after I read the    book.

My doc was giving me monthly injections of B12  which  were making  no
difference.   I discovered  that the  form of B12 matters (  you don't
want to get  cyanocobalamin) and  you want to fix your stores.  My doc
gave me daily shots of  hydroxycobalamin for a week, then weekly   for 6
weeks and from  then on I got them 3 weekly.

You can  test  for a B12 deficiency  (only if you haven't been getting
the shots) by  doing a urinary  MMA and a homocysteine test. the  book
goes into more   details.   Apparently a  serum B12 does not tell you
the  correct  pic.

Were you ever in a car accident? My  TMJ, and  Fibromyalgia, triggered from a

car accident decades ago.

Also, having 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed  back then  contributed  to the
TMJ and made it worse.

Check  mercury  poisoning

You are the first person to describe my  exact symptoms!  I have found that
other food allergies cause the  same thing. For me it  is corn. Yesterday I
ate
tostitos with  dip. I knew not to, but did.  Last night I had a headache,
like

pins and needles (and woke up with  one) jaw pain,  congestion,  often face
pain,
though not too much this  time,  and I do get that foggy  feeling. Also have
numbness in my face   quite often. You can be clear of  gluten, but have
other
sensitivities  that sometimes feel the same way. I do not  do well  with
dairy,
corn,  and honey. It is really hard to avoid  corn

I have something  similar, without the TMJ, although I  do suffer Trigeminal
Neuralgia  when the sides of my face are  exposed to very cold weather.   The

ringing and "fullness"  feeling in my ears starts every time the   barometric
pressure  makes a big swing.  I can tell every time a high  or  low  pressure
system moves through.  I had thought it might be   Minere's  Disease, but my
Audiology test was normal, so my ENT  doctor  said it's  not.  I get the
vertigo, but oddly, for  me, I interpret  that as being  queasy or an upset
stomach.   It does still affect  my balance  sometimes.
I'm sitting here right  now with my ears ringing  like phones, and  we are in
transition  from a low pressure system into  a high pressure  system.
I had an  MRI for other reasons, but they looked  at my ears, too, and  found

nothing wrong.
Let me know how many of  us are dizzy   Celiacs.

After 5 plus years GF I too was  still  experiencing
TMJ/headaches/dizziness/tingling/vision problems   and some troubling new
symptoms  - so after getting
tested  for  additional issues, and getting nowhere, I was  ready to cry. My
immune  system was in hyper-drive.

I finally found a   medically trained  Naturopath - who after only one visit
-
suggested my  symptoms  point to  an environmental trigger. He suggested I
get
tested for heavy metal   poisoning. I did it thinking it was not a  problem.

My tests came  back  positive - I have "off the  charts" levels for lead. Not
far  behind is mercury.  And a  smattering of elevated additional metals like

cadmium and thalium,  etc...  I'm an artist, so in one sense, this was  not a
total
surprise - but in another -  still shocking.

I'm  doing  chelation therapy now - taking oral medication  that binds the
heavy metals so that my body can detox. It's not a fun process,  but  it
scared me
to see how high my metal levels were. My ND has  promised I  will  feel so
much
better at the end of this  process.

Please  consider getting  your metal levels checked.  It's not voodoo. It's
standard medical practice for  lead and  mercury exposure. And it may,  in
fact, be
a possible trigger for  adult  celiac disease - it seems to  be in my case,
anyway.

If you aren't accidentally  getting gluten, you are  likely also IgA
sensitive
to proteins or a  protein in dairy  just like you are to gluten  which will
cause what you  are you  are describing--  all of those  symptoms..

I strongly   urge you to take at least the dairy sensitivity  test at
Enterolab
who  has very very accurate tests for IgA reactions to  foods. I  am reactive

to three proteins in dairy. It really does a job on   me--brain fog,  muscle
cramps, inflammation in my knees. I really think  if I  had given  up diary I
would never needed to have  two  knee joint   replacements.

Your nervous system is being  attacked as is common  with  Gluten Sensitivity
(and milk  sensitivity). I also react to soy  and baker's  and brewer's yeast

but the dairy is the  biggee.

You  need to  find a chiropractor. Ask your friends, family &  neighbors  to
recommend one if you don't know one. My daughter  had TMJ and was  helped
greatly by chiropractic adjustments. In  fact, it has been years  since she's

had any problems with TMJ.  The usual cause of TMJ is  pinched nerves in the
jaw & neck  area. We need to remember that  medical doctors are trained in
medicine and surgery. They have very  little training in nutrition and  none
in healing by spinal  adjustments. The worst part is that  they are brain
washed in medical  school against chiropractic  treatments.
I'm not opposed to medical doctors,  just aware of their  limitations.
Just  had an idea. Try doing a google  search on  TMJ