From:
Becky Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:50:49 -0600

I called Kraft today to ask if one of their sauces was gluten free and they informed me that if an ingredient contains gluten they will list in parenthesis next to that ingredient the source (i.e. wheat...). I asked the representative then that if the bottle says "carmel color" with nothing next to it am I to assume that it is gluten free because there is no parenthesis after. She told me yes. I started to believe her, but now I'm questioning...several other of the Kraft/Nabisco products list modified food starch with nothing after it, and I thought modified food starch was a big no no. Would someone please help me out here...I want so bad to believe that it would be THAT easy to read their labels...but it almost seems to good to be true.

Thanks
Becky