From:
Corrina Chalmers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:06:56 +1000

I would be interested in anyone's opinion/information about something that
has been bothering me about my diagnosis late last year.

I used to eat bread/pizza (wheat and yeast) and have extreme wind
discomfort.  However if I ate cake/biscuits/pasta (wheat but no yeast) I
wouldn't have a problem, also if I ate something like garlic
bread(wheat,yeast and garlic) I would have less problems, or none, than just
plain bread. (I believe that garlic kills yeasts).  Now I can eat gluten
free bread that contains yeast and have no problem.  This seems odd to me...

I was biopsy diagnosed in Nov 1999 and from the 6 samples taken only one
came back positive.  The gastro guy thought was interesting since his visual
observation of "pebbling", which he has previously observed in Coeliac
patients, had led him to believe that it would be a clear diagnosis.

I guess my questions are

1. Is there a test out there for Yeast Intollerance/Allergy?

2. Is it possible that the Yeast/Wheat combination could be an issue, rather
than just being a Coeliac?

3. Is it possible that I have been misdiagnosed? (I have been led to
believe, in some posts to this list a month or so ago, that other
allergies/intollerances can lead to villi flattening)

4. Are there other tests I should have had/can still have to clear this up?

Please any information/insights would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your time
Corrina, Melbourne, Australia