From:
Jesse Pettey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 15:16:28 -0500

We read somewhere, but can not find it so no vouch, that Advil was glutten
free.  So far my wife has had no problem.  The CSA Denver Chapter reports
that the following pharmaceutical companies will no longer market their
products as glutten free:                            Miles, Inc--McNeil
Consumer Products Co. which include Tylenol Immodium & Mylanta---Sandoz
Pharmaceutical Corp.---Warner-Welcome, Consumer Health Care.  The problem
they say is that they do not know what their suppliers use in starch.  I
agree with Steve, if we all call or write the pharmaceutical companies
inquiring about glutten, maybe they would begin demanding that their
suppliers furnish them information.  I called Searle Co. inquiring about
glutten in Lomotil and was assured that it is glutten free.  I did not
question about starch and hope the fellow knows what glutten is.  If anyone
knows, let us know.