From:
Jack and Laurie Tepe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:37:40 -0500

Hi - I didn't receive very many responses on my question about Pittsburgh
health food stores and restaurants. However several people asked that I
summarize my findings.  I'm doing more research and I'll let you know if
anything comes up. One listmate suggested that I contact one of the support
groups there and I have done so in hopes of receiving further info.  I
targeted my question for the following area of Pgh: Upper St. Clare, Mt.
Lebanon and Bethel Park.

***Following are health food stores which carry GF products:
Good Life Market 1121 Bower Hill Road, Mt. Lebanon 412 279-8499
GNC Century III Mall 412-655-9921 (this may be a 724 area code - they
recently changed area codes around here and I'm not sure about the Century
III area.)
East End Food Co-op 7516 Meade St., Pittsburgh 412-242-3598 - This is in
Point Breeze.

***My visit back to Pgh in June of this year was a disaster foodwise.  The
restaurant people were very helpful and friendly ( like pittsburghers are )
but I got poisoned
almost everytime, unless I ordered something safe like salad.  Even my own
relatives where tricking me into eating the wrong stuff.  The mold levels
are so high, I was suffering a great deal from that and not able to think
clearly.  The one store that had the food I'm used to eating was the East
End Food Coop on Meade st near the corner of Penn and Braddock in the
pointbreeze area of Pgh.  I ended up shopping in the strip district for
fresh fruit and vegies and gnawing on raw food for the last couple days.

Oh well - Laurie