From:
Anne M Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne M Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:53:24 -0600

Thank you to everyone that responded.  Here is the summary:

There's an excellent health food store, Water to Go on Roswell Road (not
too far from there).  As far as restaurants, there is a PF Changs at
Perimeter.  Goldfish doesn't have a GF menu but is very accommodating
and I've eaten there with great success several times.  If you feel like
driving into Buckhead, there are a lot of great restaurants where you
can very well: Meritage, Fogo de Chao, any of the Buckhead Life
Restaurants.

There is a Maggiano's in both Buckhead and the Perimeter. I understand
in other parts of the country, they are very accommodating. I recommend
avoiding them in Atlanta.  No matter how hard (and no matter how many
times) I've tried, I've continually been glutened there and won't
return.

Try Whole foods -  formerly Harry's Market.   They have a new bread
section
that is Whole Foods label - and is made in a dedicated gluten free
bakery.    Let me know if you need more info.   I do know that Whole
Foods
has a web site for location(s) information.

Hi Anne - there is a whole foods located close by perimeter. Also a PF
Changs very near and an Outback within 10 miles. These are probably the
easiest to locate and use but I am sure there are some other less known
names. Let me know if you need additional info!

There's a very celiac-friendly health food store near Perimeter Mall and
it is called Atlantis.  I can't think of the exact name of the street
but it is in the phone book.  They have lots and lots of gf things, a
very good supply of everything.

There is also a PF Chang's near where you'll be and there is an Outback
on Roswell Rd. in Buckhead.  On Lenox Road in Buckhead there is a
wonderful little Middle Eastern restaurant called Cedars.  If you go
there and get the kabobs, make sure to tell them not to put the pita
bread under them. Otherwise, it is an excellent celiac choice, but go
over everything you
order with them for "no wheat or barley."   There is a good restaurant
named
the Ravinia in a hotel right across the street from Perimeter Mall.
They
will work with you with everything on the menu.   We also love a Thai
place
called Jitlada which is on LaVista Rd. next to Tara Theater.  If you go
Jitlada, next door to it is a wonderful hfs called Return to Eden.
There
are many, many restaurant near where you'll be staying.  I have been
reading that Chili's will work with you and there is one in the
Perimeter area, but I haven't tried it.  There is also a Fresh Market
nearby...............have a good trip, Leslie in Atlanta