From:
Jackie Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:28:51 -0700

Hi all -
Looking for anti-nausea and anti-diarrhea medications for our 17-year
old daughter, dx celiac sprue 2003.  Her problem doesn't appear to be
related to gluten ingestion -- perhaps a virus?  Saw the
gastroenterologist today and he prescribed Zofran for nausea because
he said he didn't think it had many side effects (but it is
expensive!!!!!) and immodium for diarrhea.  Researched Zofran and
while there are some cautions about the pills that dissolve in your
mouth, Glaxo Smith Kline says as far as they know, there is no gluten
in the regular pill form (although they make the usual disclaimers--
as if  they have no idea where the pill has been or what it has been
doing that might have somehow contaminated it with gluten-- drives me
nuts!!!).

Would love to hear what works for you.  I couldn't find anything
about this in the archives for the past several years and so I will
summarize.

I also owe a summary on the gluten-free pet food which I will get
around to soon.

Thanks.

Jackie in AZ