Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:48:52 -0800

Dear List,

I was hoping the women on the list will indulge me by helping me
determine what's going on with my body.  This is about my reproductive
parts, and could be considered *sensitive* to some of the list members,
although I will keep it in "medical" terminology.

For the past few weeks I have been having breakthrough bleeding, meaning
dark blood discharge starting a few days after my normal menstrual
cycle.  It isn't heavy but is sort of mucousal.  This has happened
before, but only when I was too thin to have have a normal menstrual
cycle.

Coincidentally, I also  had my first gluten attack in half a year and
had diarrhea and nausea starting a few days AFTER the beginning of the
bleeding.

I have, for the past year or so, almost always had a small amount of
bleeding and a little pain during intercourse.  I have always had normal
pap smears and had one less than one year ago.

I am 5 foot 5 1/2 inches, and weigh 110-115 lbs, am married and 23 years
old, with no children.

My ultimate question is whether any other women experience similar
"spotting" around the time of their gluten attacks?   I have a good
ob/gyn whom I will call Friday morning, but no doctor seems to know
enough about CD to help me understand a correlation.   It seems so
strongly correlated to my gluten intake, I feel the connection shouldn't
be ignored.

Please help with any anecdotal or medical help you have.  I feel a
little frustrated and scared.

Sincerely,
Joanna