From:
Amy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:36:33 +0000

Cathy's post about her all-purpose flour got me to thinking that maybe
not *everyone* knew about the discovery that's saved my relationship
with my non-CD Mom, who can't stand anything complicated like a huge
no-no list, etc. So here it is---

I have *never* had a failure when I use B. Hagman's GF flour mix,
substituted in equal amounts, for all-purpose flour in any recipe in the
Betty Crockers Cookbook I got for a wedding present pre-diagnosis.
Xanthan gum seems to be optional, at least in the cake recipes (I tend
to forget it since it's not substituting for an ingredient the recipe
lists).

I'm looking forward to trying Cathy's mix, as it seems to have a fiber
source in it that I've never tried. I was a whole-grain junkie
pre-diagnosis!

Healthful blessings to all!

Amy