From:
"Denise C. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 14:42:04 -0400

This is something my son and I came up with.

Chicken Nuggets

Remove bone, skin and fat from chicken breasts and slice into bite-size
pieces.  Wash in cold water and shake in a plastic bag with the following
mixture.

2 parts instant potatoes
1 part potato starch
salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian herbs to taste.

Fry in hot peanut oil (or any good oil) until golden.
------------------
Crunchy Potatoes

Peel and quarter eight medium potatoes. Melt half a stick of margarine in a
bowl in microwave and stir potatoes around in it.  Put one-third cup of
tapioca or potato starch and one-third cup parmesan cheese in a plastic bag
along with salt and pepper (lots) and shake up to mix it.  Then put in the
margarine covered potatoes and shake them up in the mixture.  Pour it all
in a Pam-sprayed casserole dish and cover and bake at 350 F for about an
hour and a half or until they're browning on the edges.

Variation: Leave out the Parmesan, add more potato starch and season with
garlic and Oregano and chopped onions.

Enjoy!
Denise--sweltering in TN