From:
lisaroessler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lisaroessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:13:16 -0600

It sounds like these are worth a try!  I received replies from six people who have tried them.

Here are the comments I received:

It held together and was okay.  The taste was a bit different and the texture not as wonderful as I had hoped.  I heated the next tortilla in the toaster oven and overcooked it, by mistake.  It was good that way, but not the soft texture I was looking for.  I had one a couple of days later lightly heated, and it fell apart.  I think that with some experimenting, I will find a way to make this tortilla a favorite.  (found the wraps at a local Lund's grocery store in Minnesota)

My daughter loves them.  We put black beans, chicken, avocado, salsa, cheese and sour cream in them and make a big burrito like the ones at Chipotle.  They work great.

They are good, so much like a flour tortilla.  I liked the lighter one better than the darker one, but both still good.  My son liked them also.

We bought them at glutensolutions.com and have really enoyed them.  They are not exactly like a wheat flour tortilla, but it's the closest we've ever found.  The flavor is a bit bland and they dry out easily.  However, we have been able to eat them straight out of the fridge as a sandwich wrap, and they did beautifully with a Rachael Ray recipe for shrimp/chorizo quesadillas w/ chipotle guacamole (which, if you like any of these ingredients- you'll flip over these!  Check food network for the recipe.).
Anyway, as with most GF alternatives to the real thing, they're not exact, but they do come close enough for our taste.  We've tried both the dark and light teff and enjoyed them both.

Just had them...they were okay.  Not like wheat flour
ones, of course, but MUCH better than the corn
tortillas available in our grocery stores!