Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:39:11 -0400

    After failing to get a diagnoses from blood tests after a gluten load last year, I was thinking that maybe a diagnoses of DH could be possible. Maybe I don't have Celiac Disease but I have all the atypical symptoms,and some classic symptoms. A GF diet has made a huge improvement.No more gluten loads for me.
    This is the only place I've found that has any kind of answers.If I were to try to get a diagnoses of DH what would be the best way to go about it, realizing that many mistakes are made in both diagnoses of CD and DH.
     I probably won't be able to see a dermatologist for about 3 months. The rashes that I get usually get worse at night,during times of physical stress, and always when I ingest gluten.They seem to stick around longer on my head under my very thick hair.Could they get biopsies there?They also seem to stick around on my rump  [must be the heat : ).  ]    The blisters are very tiny when they come up and unfortunately there is almost no trace of them the next day.My skin itches extremely badly during these episodes.
     It would be great if there were 24 hour dermatologists.I'm afraid that during any appointment times that I can get,they won't see much. Not much happens during the day with my skin.Maybe a small gluten load for a couple of days before may help.Even then that tends to keep me up all night with extreme itching with welts and some very small blisters. They're just not all that visible by the next day.
    Any suggestions for the dermatologist visit? Are there specific tests that should be run ,how many biopsies taken and the best places to get them from?Are there any common mistakes that Drs. make when doing a biopsy for DH?

 You guys are my heroes,

Monica,KY.