From:
Melissa Sheridan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 16:55:14 EST

Here is a summary of the advice I received about taking our daughter to
Mexico:

Several people suggested I use a Spanish restaurant card to make sure that
"gluten-free" doesn't get lost in the transition.

One person who had been to Mazatlan several times said that eating there is
relatively easy because so much of the food is made with corn instead of
wheat. We need to make sure to stay away from flour tortillas, though.

Another person gave me contact information for a celiac support group in
Mexico:

     Ciudad de Mexico
     ACM: Asociacion de Celiacos en Mexico
     Contact: Inaki Istilart