From:
Patty Ann Hakala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 07:57:09 MST

OH BOY do I ever get itching ears. Not with wheat but with other
foods that I am allergic to. The itchiness goes from my ears to the
roof and back of my mouth. My doctor said that this is a classic
histamine allergic reaction. It is usually accompanied with itchy
palms, and is helped by taking benadryl.

Patty
Gluten free for three months and loving it.

> I have had problems with itching in my ears, but did not attribute it to
> gluten.  When I went to the ear doctor to have it checked out she said that
> there was nothing there as far as an infection goes.  She also said that
> she gets many patients that come in with the same symptoms, but that she
> had no idea what was causing the itching and redness.  Does anyone know if
> there is any direct correlation with CD, or is this just speculation?
>
> Cindy

Laissez les bons temps rouler.                            Patty Hakala
                                     Zirkle Wells Software Group, Inc.