Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:19:04 -0400

We have returned from our trip and I wanted to share the following
information.

1) Delta "forgot" our GF dinners and provided Kellogg's Corn Flakes
(complete with barley malt flavoring) for our breakfast.  Moral of the story
- pack your own non-perishable meal and be pleasantly surprised if they
don't forget your food.

2) Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines - Mixed reviews.  Each chef has their own
opinion of what is GF.  Be alert at all times and ask to see the
ingredients.  We started the trip with our kids eating the "beef" hot dogs
until 2 days later another chef shared that there is no ingredient list on
the packaging and he could not confirm what the filler was.  We found the
dining room to be easier and pre-ordered our dinner the evening prior.

3) Barcelona Spain - lots of fresh fruit, meats, juices, etc.  Check where
you are staying and how close it is to any GF restaurants.  We found a great
sandwich shop that was within walking distance of our hotel and ate several
meals there.  Be sure to check out El Corte Ingles at Cataluņa Plaza.  They
have a supermarket on the basement floor and have a section of GF items.
The croissants by a local company were terrific. They also have a cafeteria
on one of the upper levels which has a GF  menu.  They serve Damm Brand GF
beer.  Be careful, Damm makes a non-GF beer.  The GF beer contains barley,
but is distilled and tested to meet Codex standards for GF.

4) Italy - Naples, Sorrento, Rome, Pisa -  I suggest upscale food
establishments.  Call ahead to wherever you are going to dine.  They all
were very knowledgeable of Celiac and were able to provide full meals.  Some
had GF bread on site, others had GF pasta on site.  Gelato stands were great
- willing to wash scoops and scoop from an untouched corner of the
rectangular container.  Some even had GF cones.

4) France - Nice, Eze, Marseilles - Nor much luck here finding restaurants.
We did some shopping for our foods and ate picnic style.

TIPS:

Wherever you go, bring your GF dining cards.  Be sure that they say OATS as
some of the newer ones don't.  Everyone was very helpful.

Always pack non-perishable items presuming that you will find no food that
is GF and be pleasantly surprised if you find GF food.