From:
Christian Gassler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 14:42:20 -0500

Hello all

Two weeks ago, I posted a recipe of milk- and egg-free bread.

I had two persons with questions the answers to which might
interest those, who want to try the recipe.

I use my oven to let the yeast work on the dough. The oven
is just a little warm (remember the beach?).

Rising lasts 40-50 minutes, if you wait longer, the yeast
(at least the one I use) will loose its power, so you do
not want to wait too long. Depending on the ammount of yeast
and Water in the dough, the rising might be quicker than the

time mentioned above. This step takes some experimenting,
because you'll probably use different ingredients than I do.

After rising, the heat is turned up as quickly as possible.
Do not let anything in the oven that might catch fire during
this process. After the heat has reached 380-400 F , regulate
the heat to stay at this temperature until baked (1 hour approx.)

TURN OFF all extra heating (infrared grill) when the temperature
has reached the said level. Otherwise you'll have charcoald results,
as one person correctly presumed.

For those who want to try/have missed my initial post, you can
find the recipe at http://home.mho.net/serendipity/gfrecipe.html,
thanks to Ruth Pope, who has put the recipe there.

Seasons Greetings to all

Christian, Basel, Switzerland