From:
Amy Leger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Leger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 14:45:28 -0400

On Saturday, May 16th more than a thousand people are expected to come to
Victoria, Minnesota to raise money and awareness for celiac disease.  With
more than 50 companies participating in this year’s Making Tracks for
Celiacs 5K run/walk and food fair, it's expected to be the biggest one yet.

Our event includes nearly two dozen gluten-free food vendors, plus dozens
more companies represented inside our food fair with many samples available
to all.  Making Tracks for Celiacs is very family friendly, we grill hot
dogs, do face painting and kids’ races and games.  But it is just as
educational.  Volunteers from area support groups and our kids’ camp will be
there to offer information.  Plus, many companies in attendance want you to
know how being on the gluten-free diet is more convenient now than ever before.

Please join us for a morning of food, running, walking, community, awareness
and mostly – fun with Making Tracks for Celiacs - Twin Cities on May 16th.

What: Making Tracks for Celiacs 5K Run/Walk and Food Fair
Where:  Holy Family Catholic High School, 8101 Kochia Lane, Victoria,
Minnesota (Twin Cities Area)
Why: Raise money and awareness about celiac disease; Money raised goes to
University of Maryland-Baltimore’s Center for Celiac Research
When: May 16, 2009; Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. Free for walkers; $20
preregistered runners.  Donations are encouraged. Online donations at
www.twincitiesrock.org just click on the “celiac walk” picture at the top of
the page.
More information: www.celiacwalk.org.