From:
Sylvia Smolorz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 22:31:22 -0400

>I know that many find usefull information on this list, if they suffer
>from wheat allergies. However, the idea that the reaction is 'viewed by
>the brain as a threat...', is not the problem for most of us to want
>relief from.

This statement on the NAET website is simply wrong, as are others. Allergic
reactions don't originate in the brain. That's just a way of suggesting
that it's all in your mind and some new age healing will take care of it.

Neither do nerves transport energy through the body. It seems to me that
this "Dr. Devi" (Dr. of what, since she mentions being a registered nurse,
it's probably not medicine) doesn't know much. And the idea of testing for
allergies by pushing on someone's arm while that person holds a substance
is really ridiculous. It's pretty revealing that she named this method
"kinesiology" although she claims to have invented it. We're supposed to
believe it's some ancient technique used in China for millenia.

I wouldn't trust this NAET thing, even if some people say it helps them.

Just my opinion.

Sylvia in Ithaca, NY