From:
Sherrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:13:56 -0400

Just in case anyone was interested, this is the response I received from
Carnation about their instant breakfast drinks.

Sherrell In Florida

Thank you for contacting Nestlé® Nutrition. Nestlé Nutrition, a division
of Nestlé USA, combines the experience of making delicious, well-known
foods with the knowledge of essential nutrients for all aspects of
nutritional support.

Most of our ENTERAL nutrition products are gluten free, with the
exception of CARNATION® INSTANT BREAKFAST® Junior, which contains
gluten.

We can provide you with a list of our CARNATION® INSTANT BREAKFAST®
products that will have the barley/gluten claim on the label:

Ready to Drink:
CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST 0 g Sugar Added Vanilla RTD - contains
barley
CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST Regular Vanilla RTD - contains barley
CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST 0 g Sugar Added Chocolate RTD - contains
barley
CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST Regular Chocolate RTD - contains barley
CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST Regular Strawberry RTD - contains barley
Powder:
CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST Regular Chocolate Malt Powder - contains
wheat flour and malted barley extracts
CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST 0 g Sugar Added Chocolate Malt Powder -
contains wheat flour and malted barley extracts

This information will appear in the ingredient list section after the
ingredient. For example, for the Ready to Drink, it will appear after
the artificial and natural flavor section and it will be in parentheses.
For the powders, it will appear after the malted milk ingredient.

If you have specific questions regarding other Nestlé products, we
recommend calling the consumer services phone number found on the
packages of those products.

We hope you found  <http://www.carnationinstantbreakfast.com/>
http://www.carnationinstantbreakfast.com/ informative and that we were
able to answer your nutrition and product questions. We appreciate you
making CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST a part of your daily routine.

13881197