Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:38:53 +0000

Best time for levoxyl:
I switched from Synthroid to Levoxyl 2 weeks ago and am feeling much better (soy and lactose in synthroid and I am very allergic to both so was feeling awful the month I took synthroid).  The bottle says to take levoxyl on an empty stomach with a full glass of water one hour before or 2 to 3 hours after a meal.  Since I leave for work a few minutes after 6AM this is difficult as I eat a full breakfast before I leave.  I asked the naturopath about it, and he said he prefers that it be taken with breakfast and if possible 1/2 tab with breakfast and the other half with lunch so it is absorbed more slowly and over a longer period.  Some people get a little jittery if it is taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and after the first big blast of thyroid don't have much to last for the afternoon and evening.
Any thoughts on this?
Robin in Massachusetts