From:
Helen Aqua <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:04:07 -0800

Here's the info about our oat matzah purchase.

This year's Shemurah Oat Matzah comes with a certificate from the U.K.
Beit Din and states that it is gluten free to enable people with gluten
intolerance to fulfill the pessach mitzvah of having matzah. This is the
only source - hence the cost.  Oat Matzoth are virtually unavailable in
retail stores.

The case we ordered for us in Vancouver works out to C$12.50 for a box, since
we are not trying to make any money on this. If you ordered it from
www.kosher.com or a similar retail place it would cost US$18.00 per box.
For those math wizzards among you - this is an amazing 50% cheaper.

Shemura Oat Matzot are made from Shemura Oat flour, are fully produced from
harvest to the baking, under the supervision of Dayan Osher Westheim, Manchester
Beth Din and Rabbi E. Kestenbaum 22 Eagle Lodge London MW11 England. Tel +44

(0) 181 455 9476, Fax +44 (0) 181 455 3212

They are then baked and packed by EM HA'CHITA LTD. ATAROT. P.O.Box 47061
Jerusalem 97800 Israel.

Ingredients are Oat flour and Water only.