Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:28:47 -0600

Dear Listmates,

I've been GF for six years, convinced that I have celiac disease.  I'm
certain that I'm reacting to gluten.  Recently I have developed terrible
reactions: not only the big D but also chills, fatigue, and night sweats.
My bloodwork has always been negative.  Finally I got the results of a gene
test yesterday and no D2 or D8 gene!

I know that only 95% of people with CD have a gene.  So maybe I'm part of
the 5% that doesn't?  Recently one of our listmates posted a research
article from the Mayo Clinic on collagenous sprue that led me to believe
that maybe one doesn't have to have the gene to have collagenous sprue.
I've actually been thinking that I might have refractory celiac because of
my ever increasing sensitivity and reactions to things that are apparently
GF.  Does anyone have some insight into this that they can share?

I had an appt with a big celiac doc on Monday but he's had to cancel the
appt and now I'm hoping it doesn't take another three months to see him.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!
Lynne